• PineapplePartisan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

No, but doctors are generally empathetic people. When I turned 45, I needed the exam for the first time. When I was bottomless and bent over the table, I told my doctor that I was very nervous about it.

He said to just try and relax and he placed a hand on my right should to reassure me. When the exam started, I said I was still nervous and so he placed his other hand on my other shoulder to continue to reassure me.

• jerry@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m a 50 year old man with bladder disease, I’ve had at least 5. The answer is relax your sphincter. I mean if you don’t it might hurt mildly, but the lube is worse. I mean they give you a wipe but it still feels nasty until you shower, you can cry in there if you need to.

• edric@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Maybe having smaller and more slender fingers helps a bit? I remember a long time ago there was this clinic that my employer sent new hires to for their physicals and it was like they chose the doctor with the fattest fingers to do the exams.

• Serinus@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I don’t remember most of the procedure. Drugs are good for that.

The prep was worse. Throwing up Gatorade with laxative powder wasn’t fun.

• Test_Tickles@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

That was a colonoscopy, not prostate exam. Also, there are alternative drinks for the colonoscopy cleanse. Last time I had clenpiq and it was just 2 small bottles… 2 horribly nasty bottles, but much more manageable than the gallon of hell’s gatorade.