• curiousaur@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Stops trying to take attention from the genocide he’s actively supporting with our tax dollars.

• jeffw@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

let’s only talk about the negative things Biden has done. We can’t talk about the good things!!

• anticolonialist@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

No, my rights do not supercede the rights of others. Especially when those other rights are being denied via slaughter by the US.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Yep. Therefore we’d better vote for the other fellows, the ones who wish to do more genocide even faster while beating the shit out of protesters with the National Guard.

• CapeWearingAeroplane@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

I agree that genocide is horrendous, but you seem to be missing the fact that your alternatives are voting for the candidate that has publicly pressured Israel to stop, and withheld weapons, or voting for the candidate that wants to arrest and deport people that oppose the genocide, and has actively urged it on.

Not voting means you don’t care who wins: The candidate trying, at least somewhat, to reduce the scale of the genocide, or the candidate urging for it to increase in scale.

In that case, you are complicit if the latter wins, and the genocide gets worse.

• curiousaur@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

No, Biden is complicit. If enough voters make it clear he has two choices: abandon Israel or we’ll elect Trump, then it’s his fault when Trump is elected for continuing to support genocide.

Politicians work for us, they have a responsibility. Not the other way around.

• Xanis@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Other people responding are being too nice imho.

Since other users are providing solid arguments to convince and challenge you I’ll speak bluntly: You’re an idiot and should not have any attention paid to you. Not because you condemn the situation in Gaza, because you do so at the absolute disregard for other issues that are plaguing us. If you’re younger: Learn. If you’re older: Wake up.

You can condemn one thing while supporting a necessary other because there will be a need for people like you after Biden is put into office. Just like there will be a desperate need if Trump wins instead. That second situation? I sincerely hope you won’t disappear out of fear of retribution, because there will be retaliation then at a scale I hesitate to try and guess at should people stand.

• Boddhisatva@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Okay… so we should vote for the guy who thinks Israel is right and needs to “finish the job.”

“I don’t know why they released wartime shots like that. I guess it makes them look tough. But to me, it doesn’t make them look tough,” Trump continued. “They’re losing the PR war. They’re losing it big. But they’ve got to finish what they started, and they’ve got to finish it fast, and we have to get on with life.”

You can vote for the guy who isn’t doing enough to stop the atrocities in Gaza, or you can vote for the guy who just wants Israel to hurry up. There is no other option.

• tsonfeir@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Trump just announced he will “crush” pro-Palestinian protesters in the US.

Regardless of your opinion of Biden, he does not have an anti-free-speech position.

If you continue to focus on destroying Biden before an election, you will get Trump—who is going to be worse.

To get to your destination, you have to carefully navigate the boat through rough waters. If you let go of the wheel to scream at the rapids, you will lose control entirely.

• Croquette@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Then vote third party, and keep complaining that Biden didn’t do enough if Trump gets elected again.

What else do you want? Your system is rigged against progressives. The electoral college gives more weight to smaller states, which are predominantly Republicans.

That’s fucked up, but people have to vote in a few months. So you either vote for someone that enables the genocide, someone that will make the genocide worse and a third party which will effectively do nothing.

• jumjummy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Stop pretending you care about Gaza. If you did, you’d see that the other choice this November would be catastrophically worse.

Just come out and say who you’d vote for. Stop virtue signaling.