Have a sneer percolating in your system but not enough time/energy to make a whole post about it? Go forth and be mid!

Any awful.systems sub may be subsneered in this subthread, techtakes or no.

If your sneer seems higher quality than you thought, feel free to cutā€™nā€™paste it into its own post, thereā€™s no quota for posting and the bar really isnā€™t that high

The post Xitter web has spawned soo many ā€œesotericā€ right wing freaks, but thereā€™s no appropriate sneer-space for them. Iā€™m talking redscare-ish, reality challenged ā€œculture criticsā€ who write about everything but understand nothing. Iā€™m talking about reply-guys who make the same 6 tweets about the same 3 subjects. Theyā€™re inescapable at this point, yet I donā€™t see them mocked (as much as they should be)
Like, there was one dude a while back who insisted that women couldnā€™t be surgeons because they didnā€™t believe in the moon or in stars? I think each and every one of these guys is uniquely fucked up and if I canā€™t escape them, I would love to sneer at them.

• Amoeba_Girl@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    Ā·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

the tweet n video this was in response to had me in hysterics

ā€œwe donā€™t know if giving the model negative reward isnā€™t the same as stabbing someoneā€ dcavsbdhfbd can you believe these fucking clowns

• David Gerard@awful.systemsM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      1 month ago

i was arguing with that guy on twitter a few days ago

nothing quite like technologists getting lectured on technology by a uh growth hacker

• carlitoscohones@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      1 month ago

The interviewer somberly nods in response. Meanwhile I want to ask AI to edit this video and have the guy on the right make stabby gestures while he says this bullshit.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        1 month ago

lmao right, itā€™s the audacity of it, oh yeah maybe the work weā€™re doing is worse than a thousand hitlers, but weā€™ve made a chatroom so fingers crossed itā€™ll be alright!! come on just admit youā€™re getting off on being techno mengele

• froztbyte@awful.systemsOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      edit-2
      28 days ago

dcavsbdhfbd

huh, is that a layout I donā€™t recognize or is it your own particular flavour of keysmash? (I can sorta see it from qwerty but the order is surprising)

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        edit-2
        28 days ago

it is qwerty!

a) i tend to take a few tries at a keymash until it looks satisfactory

b) i play piano at the level of a second year student and i have some weird fine coordination quirks, one of the two or a combination of both might be an influence on the sequence