• rekabis@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    30 days ago

If you are looking for Bar, it is highly likely that you are already looking specifically for a particular functionality - say, the action - for Bar. As such, it is irrelevant which method you use, both will get you to the function you need.

Conversely, while it is likely you will want to look up all items that implement a particular functionality, it is much less likely you are going to ever need a complete listing of all functionality that an item employs; you will be targeting only one functionality for that item and will have that one functionality as the primary and concrete focus. Ergo, functionality comes first, followed by what item has that functionality.

• deadbeef79000@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      30 days ago

We probably have slightly different work processes.

I’m more likely to be making “foo” functionally complete and then making “bar” complete than I am to be making all my dialogs functional then all my tabs/whatever.

This comes from TDD where I’m making a test pass for “foo”, once done, I’ll do the same for “bar”.

Though it’s even more likely these are different files entirely, rendering the arguments moot.