• Hairyblue@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

The news article name is:

‘Fascist’ and ‘tyrant’ DeSantis under fire after removing another black elected Democratic state attorney

• GivingEuropeASpook@lemm.eeOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Problem is so are many of the judges that would theoretically see his case. The theocratic, white ethno-project has been incubating in the United States since the 70s. Democrats are too spineless to attempt to balance the Supreme Court, and all the appointees that have been made to the lower circuits will take time to be felt - time I don’t think the US has before it risks going the way of the Weimar Republic.

• Stitch@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Public figures have higher barriers of proof for those accusations than a private individual would

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The quotation marks are precisely why I changed the headline to something that doesn’t need quotes but is still accurate and won’t open up slander/libel.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yes, but the article puts each in quotes, meaning it’s referring to what sources have said as opposed to making the statement itself - I wanted to use similar language as to how these events get reported on in US media when they happen outside of the country.