This topic is meant to be a low threshold possibility for all kinds of discussion. It is not meant to keep anybody from creating a new topic, the idea is that it may enable some discussion that would otherwise not happen at all.

• AchtungDrempels@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    18 days ago

Oh man what an evening i had yesterday. I started riding the “grand traverse massiv central” mtb route and again did not check tire pressure in a long time. Got a pinch flat, fixed it, then found out there was another hole, fixed that and then broke the sclaverland valve. I am not actually a fan of those, they are a bit too delicate for my taste.

Then i put in a new tube but could not manage to pump it up. Pump was going really heavy, making strange noises. Was getting dark and i just thought fuck it and set up my tent. This morning i took the new tube out, checked for holes and it had two holes. Guess i should have not carried it openly in my toolbag all this time. Fixed the holes and while pumping i fucking finally broke my pump completely. But i got it pumped up two thirds of the way, so i got off the rocky gtmc and am right now taking asphalt road to the next bicycle shop, which was 53 km away, if i did not want to go back in the direction where i came from. Still 35km to go, but it will open only at 16:00 anyway. Guess i’ll do a washing and chilling day then at the camping municipal close to the bike shop. Got lucky really that i managed to pump it up somewhat, otherwise would have been like 20km of pushing my bike over hilly and bumpy terrain back to where i came from.

Asphalt road is also real nice though