• ameancow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    25 days ago

I don’t consider myself an atheist because that whole position and subculture seems awfully confident about something that can’t actually be diagnosed.

But that said, if there IS a god that is “all powerful” and “all knowing” then he sure as shit isn’t watching my sorry ass all day and judging how many times I think about boobs.

My God, if he exists, oversees quasars annihilating entire galaxies with cosmic blowtorches of the focused fire of a billion stars. He is interwoven in the nebular that birth new planets and civilizations. He exists at all points in time simultaneously. He knows everything I will ever do, or all possible alternatives that I may ever choose, and my reasons for my decisions. He doesn’t need to test anyone. He doesn’t need me to prove shit. He doesn’t “need” anything, he is absolutely unknowable and inhuman and incapable of being harnessed into human motivations and emotions.

My God is scary and far more powerful than everyone else’s God. My God can beat up your God.

edit: I don’t care. I am not interesting in being in your club, I don’t want to belong, you can call me what you want, that’s my whole point, nothing you say matters, none of your stupid labels and need to belong matters. It’s all utterly pointless, so your “GOTCHA” comments about the definitions of words are utterly lost on me in this context. Just save your energy and go do something good for someone else.

• Lucidlethargy@sh.itjust.works
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

Ah yes, I’ve been here before… Atheism actually does not mean you believe god’s don’t exist. It literally means, and I quote…

a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods.

I bet that’s you, isn’t it? Don’t reply… Just think on it.

• rockerface@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

So your God is just the universe. Which we already know exists. So we don’t have to believe in it, because it is real already. Therefore, you are an atheist too