• mavu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

My car keeps screaming at me to keep my hands on the wheel, WHILE I’M FUCKING HOLDING IT.

• Artyom@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

My car’s lane assist deactivates if the road is too straight because I haven’t moved the steering wheel in too long. The only way to get it back is to swerve a bit.

• Trainguyrom@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

My FIL shared that the lane assist tried to swerve into oncoming traffic shortly after they bought their new car with all the assist bells and whistles. On the other hand my MIL shouldn’t be driving and genuinely had the drowsy assist force her to be a bit safer. I’m seriously waiting for the day she finally loses her license either for drunk driving or just speeding/tailgating/illegally passing etc. excessively

• hessenjunge
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

Your car (Tesla?) has no sensors on the wheel that can detect your hands. That’s why you need to jerk the wheel every couple of seconds.

• mavu
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

God no. It’s a Peugeot, and light hands on black wheel. But the other comment says it has no sensors, except the ones that detect movement of the wheel. so apparently i just have to jerk the wheel randomly, like a BMW driver and it will stop yelling at me.

• hessenjunge
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          23 days ago

Exactly, other cars do have ‘hand-detection-sensors’ so you on my have to touch the wheel. I would assume current BMWs should have it.

• mavu
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

So, what you are saying is, i"m driving too good, so the car thinks I’m not there? And we want to let those dumb things drive themselves?