• thelastaxolotl [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

She is a socdem, she has some green policies, she has an ok view on gaza war, i wouldnt call her a feminist, i think she is ok on LGBT+ rights, and since she is a founder of Morena she shares most of the ideas from it

• novibe@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

“Contrary to other parties of the left, MORENA has not sought to reduce inequality by increasing taxes on the wealthy. Instead, the party has focused on reducing the pay gap between lower-level employees and high-level government workers salaries, such as politicians and judges through austerity measures. The party announced support for a plan by López Obrador to cut salaries of higher-ranking public officials (including the President), lay off up to 70 percent of non-unionized federal workers, and reduce spending by cracking down on corruption and tax fraud. As Article 94 of the Mexican Constitution prohibits reducing the salary of judges at any time during their appointment in order to maintain judicial independence, judges on the Supreme Court took a 25% pay cut starting in 2019.”

🤢

• Awoo [she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      25 days ago

So… Why are British media into her?

Instinctually I get pretty sus about things British media are promoting. Twice now I’ve heard them talk about how she’s jewish and I can’t help but wonder if that’s related to ongoing events in Israel. Does she have a position on Palestine? British media does not mention anyone being Jewish unless it’s related to Israel usually.

• Awoo [she/her]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          24 days ago

Weird. Maybe not that then. I don’t know what the fuck is going on with our media clearly being supportive of her but we’ll see I guess. They don’t act like they support people without a reason… I just don’t haven’t worked out what that reason is yet.