• Semperverus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Finally, one that gets the “i want to be a steam deck competitor” formfactor correct.

It has actual trackpads!!

Hoping it has the back triggers too

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

Is it a competitor if it’s like, almost exactly same thing? Why would I buy anything at all from “Zotac” vs. Valve? Especially when they have no distinguishing features?

• priapus@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        21 days ago

They may not be what you want, but this article listed multiple distinguishing features. 1080p, 120hz, hall effect joysticks and triggers, adjustable triggers, and a camera.

I’d still choose a Steam Deck personally, but there are definitely enticing features here that I wish the Steam Deck offered.

• priapus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      21 days ago

The joysticks don’t look like they’re in a comfortable spot for me sadly. They seem to be around where the touchpads on the Steam Deck are and personally that isn’t a comfortable spot to keep my thumbs for the majority of a play session. These devices should really just copy the Steam Deck layout, it’s already a copy of the Wii U.

• krolden@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

I wonder if theyll use the airjet like they did on that one minipc they made with them.

There was big hype over that cooler a couple years ago and since then just crickets.