I’m really needing new headphones to drown out the noise when I’m out on Public transit or just at home during panic attacks.

Very small requirements for anybody that has some they enjoy.

Bluetooth and works with android devices (preferably without a app aka natively). Has good noise cancelling and can block out most sounds but doesn’t have horrible ringing in them (I’m using from the super cheap kinda noise cancelling?) doesn’t have to be good with music but preferred though.

In ear or over idc about that

Has to be under 100.

If anybody has recommendations it would be awesome.

Fyi new to Lemmy so forgive me if I don’t do some proper “etiquette”. Also autism :p

• 73ʞk13
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Though they are double the price you mentioned as a limit, I want to recommend the ones I’m using for other people in need of really good NC headphones coming to this thread.

I got myself refurbished Bose Quiet Comfort 45 and in my opinion they are perfect. I use them to blend out noise in public transport, museums, shopping malls, the office and so on. I can wear them for hours without my ears hurting or the battery running out. They really improved my quality of life.

• hsdkfr734r@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      23 days ago

Also the Bose NC700 are recommendable.

(Hint: Half the noise cancelling happens passively within the cushion foam, so - it turned out that third party cushions sometimes are not be as good as the original replacement kit.)

• AspieEgg@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      22 days ago

Bose does make really good NC headphones, but as you mentioned, they can be pricy. I got my NC 700s on Facebook marketplace for half the price brand new. Someone was given them from work, but already had Sony noise cancelling headphones and were selling the Bose ones. I see used QC45s on there all the time too.

• iamdisillusioned@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

I have the QC 35 and QC 45. I prefer the 35 though they are likely harder to find. The 45s have different software and the headphones remind me to pair intermittently when I am not connected to a device, which is annoying because I usually don’t listen to anything, I just want the noise cancelling. The 45s also allow more of certain sounds in, like wind and other things that, in my opinion, should have been canceled out.