link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    25 days ago

Find them and ask them.

You have apparently had much more productive conversations with trumpers than I ever have.

ask them what it would take to choose their country over their party.

And, it’s not hard to predict their answers.

• Treat trans people like monsters and pedophiles, and legislate as such.
    • Knock gays back to the 80s or earlier via legislation
    • The rest of the queer community needs to STFU and pretend they don’t exist.
    • Cancel all DEI programs and make them illegal
    • Immigration? No thank you!
    • Make Pride month celebrations illegal at all businesses or public areas
    • Follow the DeSantis model of history teaching, by trying to claim slavery was a benefit to slaves, or that Rosa Parks was just having a bad day and sat at the wrong end of the bus, etc
    • Support police without question - as long as it’s the blacks, gays, antifa, and left-leaning protesters they are beating up on
    • Eliminate birth control and abortions nationally
    • Put back all those civil war memorials because muh heritage
    • Restrict college and high school curricula to Republican-approved materials on a national level
    • Cease all climate-change measures or spending
    • Acknowledge there is no solution to gun violence that involves restricting the activities of gun owners.

That’s pretty close to the list for anyone who is flying a Trump flag. And if it’s not on their list, it’s still not a dealkiller.

Outreach will win the day.

You’d need to put me in kevlar and pay me a lot to go knocking on maga doors all day.

Edit: (I promise I know who Rosa Parks and Harriet Tubman were, I just flipped the name by accident in my haste!) https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rosa-parks-race-removed-florida-textbook/