• TotallynotJessica@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

I looked up a recent interview for The Boys season 4 and I have no idea what y’all are talking about. At most, she changed the type of makeup she regularly does and lost weight/aged out of her baby face. Your face can change a lot, especially in your 20s. I’m also not sure what wasn’t conventionally about her at any point.

Thinking she’s had surgery when she hasn’t is more toxic for beauty standards than if she did have work done. Lip fillers, natural changes, and makeup aren’t some work of the devil. There are people who do actually have problems, but not everyone does.

• MacAttak8@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          25 days ago

Except she has had surgery?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebrities/what-happened-to-erin-moriarty-erin-moriartys-plastic-surgery-explained/

https://www.screengeek.net/2024/02/02/erin-moriarty-plastic-surgery-accusations-response/

She hasn’t owned up to it but very much did not deny.

Edit: for the record I had no idea there was a whole thing around her a Megan Kelly. Can’t agree with all the hate.

That said, I’m replying to a comment about people having surgery/other medical procedures/drastic makeup etc that causes great changes and she was the first one that popped into my head. She hasn’t denied the surgery. Just said Kelly was spreading false news. But in all her statements she has never denied the surgery from my understanding.

I also don’t agree that it’s “fucking sad” as commenter above me states. She can do whatever she wants it’s her body. Having surgery or not doesn’t matter at all. I still hold that she looks drastically different from 5 years ago regardless of the reason.

• TotallynotJessica@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            24 days ago

I looked again, and it’s even more clear to me that those changes are fat distribution and makeup related. She’s always had a narrow nose, her jawline hasn’t changed, her brow line, her chin, none of the things that plastic surgery typically alters have been noticeably tweaked! What is different is her makeup, particularly the way she contours her cheeks. She didn’t do it in the past because her cheeks were more plump. Her makeup now tries to be more mature, creating contrast where it didn’t before.

Dysphoria and learning to analyze bone structure vs fat vs makeup changes has made me pay more attention to these things. Even if she has done work, it isn’t drastic and wouldn’t be related to what makes her look so different. Faces change and can be changed without surgery. This is like some conspiracy theory body double or transvestiogation shit. Goofy af.