• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

The thing I hate the most is that apparently we all have to just watch this slow-walk into fascism. We all watched him try to steal an election. We all saw him foment an insurrection. Everyone who has any sense knows full well what the kind of people he surrounds himself with are capable of, and what they want to do to so many people in this country if given a chance.

And yet: almost no one really addresses this head-on and speaks in very clear terms about what the stakes are. Instead, I hear total bullshit like #BidenSoOld and #gEnoCiDejOe <- Do the clowns that keep going on about that seriously not realize that a donnie “presidency” might result in all kinds of blood being spilled within our borders?

• SaintWacko@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

Yeah, that’s what frustrates me. There are legitimate concerns around Biden as president. However, every single one of those concerns also applies to Trump, as well as a million more much worse concerns

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

Exactly. Biden’s foreign policy - like just about every other politician, with very few exceptions - is going to be problematic on at least several key points. Anyone paying the least bit attention and not smitten by the “Washington consensus” already knows this.

But with Republicans in charge and donnie leading them - in addition to an even worse foreign policy, the domestic policy could be so much worse and this time around, there will be less guardrails, and no guarantee that we have any elections past 2024. It’s clear donnie would rather it all burn down than he face even the least bit of consequences for anything he’s done.

• PunnyName@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          23 days ago

I just want a presidential candidate to outright say during their announcement for candidacy, “fuck Israel”.

Like on one of those late night shows, whatever. Make it poignant, make it clear, and obvious. Just because I wanna see how it goes.

• fine_sandy_bottom
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

I honestly have no idea how much of the voting public actually thinks that way about biden though.

There’s a dozen accounts or so here on lemmy who are just relentless with those lines of rhetoric. They do a good job of making it seem like everyone thinks that way.

• btaf45@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

They do a good job of making it seem like everyone thinks that way.

From St. Petersburg