• TheFonz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Netanyahu really going for that letter board spot in history’s worst villains. Awful situation

• Paragone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Malnutrition creates life-long damage/harm when it harms growing children.

It doesn’t require outright-starvation to damage an entire-population’s viability.

No matter: evil does what evil does, & when it claims that “the bible” justifies it, well, that’s just icing on the cake, isn’t it?

We can see the “Christians” in the US & Islamist “Muslims” proving the same principle, can’t we?

And the “Buddhists” who genocided Tamils, & “Hindus” who butcher whomever they’re ideologically-intolerant-of at the time…

There is no “religion” which is the cause of this: it is caused by our animal-ignorance mind, which the Abrahamic religion called “behemoth”, usually translated as “the beast”.

You can even see the book of Isaiah railing against such things.

Human-nature won’t change until most of our kind are extinguished, right?

Some other species might have had an instant-and-violent-reaction against doing what Russia & Israel are doing…

Our accommodating of it … insults God/Life, doesn’t it?

_ /\ _

• Corkyskog@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

As a parent this is the saddest part of the war. I just couldn’t imagine having to tell my child that there is no food, the thought alone breaks my heart. Then you remember it’s spread over hundreds of thousands of parents… just sickening.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Months of extreme hunger have already killed many Palestinians in Gaza and caused permanent damage to children through malnutrition, two new food security reports have found, even before famine is officially declared.

“Regardless of whether or not the famine (IPC phase 5) thresholds have been definitively reached or exceeded, people are dying of hunger-related causes across Gaza,” the Fews Net report found.

Entry into Gaza is controlled by Israeli authorities, movements require military permission, roads are damaged by rubble, fuel is in short supply and power and communications networks barely function.

So the final report takes into account “available evidence and known information gaps”, and declares it “possible, if not likely, that all three IPC thresholds for famine (food consumption, acute malnutrition, and mortality) were met or surpassed in northern Gaza in April”.

But in the south, the crisis is deepening after an Israeli military push into Rafah choked off the main entry routes for aid; at least two child deaths from malnutrition have been reported.

Fighting appeared to have intensified in the centre of Gaza, Médecins Sans Frontières said on Wednesday, with al-Aqsa hospital overwhelmed by casualties after heavy Israeli airstrikes.

The original article contains 755 words, the summary contains 192 words. Saved 75%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!