no one fucking told me about states banning RCV during all that yapping on here about how i should VOTE THIRD PARTY OR ELSE IM COMPLICIT in the DNCs CRIMES

it may or may not be joever, very blackpilled at this moment

edit it’s actually 10 states. 5 in the past two months.

• rsuri@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

The problem is that as far as I can tell, in every last thing you mention Biden is completely dominated by Trump’s policies in terms of deplorableness.

For example, Louis Dejoy - Biden has merely refused to exceed his constitutional authority to fire DeJoy, something he has utterly no power to do and would immediately be overturned by the Supreme Court, helped along by the 3 extreme conservatives Trump put on the court. Meanwhile he’s started the process by ousting DeJoy’s allies. And of course, it was Trump who put DeJoy there in the first place. It’s like refusing to take the side of the Allies over the Axis because they’re not moving quickly enough to defeat Hitler. Yeah I get that it’s frustrating, but logically if you don’t like DeJoy, take the one side that’s anti-DeJoy. Trump obviously plans to keep him in as long as possible.

Or Israel. Biden’s policy is to continue funding Israel, and he’s backed by Congress and Trump in doing so. But Trump has gone much further than Biden or any other Democrat, having rewarded Israel’s oppression of Palestinians by recognizing Jerusalem as their capital, and giving the Medal of Freedom to Miriam Adelson, who openly supports Israel annexing the West Bank and has continued supporting Trump in 2024, donating him $100 million

Or climate change, immigration, etc. There’s a lot of hopeful fossil fuel CEOs spending tons on Trump, who wants to roll back all attempts to transition away from gasoline-fueled cars, there was that whole family separations thing, etc. Talking about war criminals, Trump actually pardoned a bunch of them including one convicted of first degree murder in the deaths of 14 Iraqi civilians, at the behest of his rich friend Erik Prince.

Point being, even if we limit ourselves to just looking at the bad things Biden has done, they’re still much lesser evil.

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

The problem is that as far as I can tell, in every last thing you mention Biden is completely dominated by Trump’s policies in terms of deplorableness.

They’re all continuations of Trump’s policies. Biden didn’t reverse them like he campaign on. In many cases, he made them worse.

For example, Louis Dejoy - Biden has merely refused to exceed his constitutional authority to fire DeJoy

Yes. Because Biden’s perfectly fine with privatization and always has been.

Or Israel. Biden’s policy is to continue funding Israel, and he’s backed by Congress and Trump in doing so.

Yes. Because Biden is perfectly fine with the genocide of the Palestinians and the reclamation of Gaza by Israeli settlers.

Or climate change, immigration, etc.

Yes, because Biden is beholden to the O&G lobby and perfectly happy with mass incarceration, etc.

Point being, even if we limit ourselves to just looking at the bad things Biden has done, they’re still much lesser evil.

They’re the same evil because they’re the same policies.