• MadMaurice
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

You know how you increasingly fail at a thing the more you concentrate on it. Like walking or riding a bike?

Yeah… That.

• half_built_pyramids@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        21 days ago

What if they’ve got pedo tendencies and so it’s good that they’re not themselves. That’d be a good rom com. Some hot middle school teacher tries to get with her class but they keep dodging the sexual assault with Roblox Go or whatever.

• grrgyle@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          20 days ago

Well you can acknowledge tendencies but still decide not to harm others.

Like my authentic self has wanted to break someone’s arm before, and I honoured that by yelling at them (I’m not proud), because part of my authentic self is also avoiding violence (and staying out of prison (I really do not picture myself in prison - very inauthentic situation for me imo))

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          20 days ago

It would make for a devastatingly funny show (always on the edge of being a totally offensive disaster) to make a story that’s obviously a cute romantic story through some 1980s artistic lens, but also obviously a story of sexual assault through some 2020s artistic lens.

Could be a comedy and a commentary on how that’s changed.

Like, to somehow make a comedy about the millennia of trauma we’ve all inherited from the past. That would take a genius but it could be so funny.