• Hiker finds pipe feeding China’s tallest waterfall, sparking social media controversy and investigation by local government officials.
  • Yuntai tourism park operators admit to using a pipe to enhance waterfall flow during dry season to maintain visitor satisfaction.
  • Social media users express mixed reactions, with some understanding the situation while others criticize the artificial enhancement of natural landscapes.
  • pm_me_ur_thoughts@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    21 days ago

I don’t think it’s an issue of what they’ve done. I’m sure everyone makes a change to such tourist attractions to aid tourism or nature.

What’s weird is that they lie about it. Anyone else would have issued a news article, even a local one, saying the rivers are dry and this is what we have done to save tourism/nature etc etc.

These fucks blatantly hide the truth because it makes it look like everything is perfect. And they do a fine job of it. This country is one one of the finest built bullshit producing machine and it won’t change until someone at the top decides to have a change of heart.

• Mouette@jlai.lu
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      21 days ago

Hold on America is still way far ahead in term of fine bullshit

• Makhno@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          21 days ago

The fact that people still find it hard to accept the similarities between the US gov and the CCP is wild

• NihilisticOptimist@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            21 days ago

I mean all government organizations are similar to the CCP, I’d just have to say that most governments don’t have multiple massacres of their own ppl on a mass scale for disagreements with how they are being governed. Once a massacer accurs too protesters, then I won’t see this as a false equivalent.