• macniel@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

But why not host your own blog, so that there isn’t a paywall from which you don’t get any benefits from?

• alyth@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

Hello World! - Tamnjong Larry Tabeh - Medium Tamnjong Larry Tabeh 2 minutes

My name is Tamnjong Larry, and I live in a moderately sized town in Cameroon called Bamenda. My primary experience in the tech field has been in backend development using .NET and Java. Despite my focus on backend development, I believe the true magic in software happens when users interact with the interface — clicking buttons, scrolling bars, switching tabs, and more.

Seeing users interact with systems and how intuitive designs make their lives easier, I found a deeper fulfillment.

I have always been interested in open source. My new passion for design and understanding user behavior gave me an added boost to get involved in open source, which is the best place to learn from actual experts building interfaces that millions of people use. I applied to the Outreachy May to August 2024 cohort. I found the GNOME project, “Conduct a series of short user research exercises, using a mix of research methods,” to be the best match for my goal of learning about the UI/UX design process. I love interacting with people, asking questions, and understanding them.

I believe in:

Adventure: I should try out new things. Contribution: I should be able to give back to the world something of value, no matter how small it is. Optimism: Tomorrow is always better than today as long as I don’t give up today.

I am happy to be part of the amazing GNOME community. Over the next few months, I will share my journey here.

I am excited to be working with amazing mentors, Allan Day and Aryan Kaushik.