• Lumun@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah I agree - the Activity tab and the DMs look like they are exact copies of the Teams interface. I mean, it’s an intuitive way to display info but I don’t see much design innovation with this announcement

• Jakeroxs@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, taking some of the good stuff from teams, I prefer slack overall but teams does have some interesting ideas

• grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Like periodically not recognizing why audio device on my computer. Or just not sending notifications sometimes. Or not recognizing @ autocompletes. Stuff like that. :)

Sorry, it’s been a long day.

• narnach@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The screenshots look like it now takes more clicks to get to groups/conversations than before. That appears like it will make me less productive instead of more.

I hope I’m wrong about this.

• doctortofu@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Same - right now I have a list of DMs that shows full names and is immediately accessible - to me that’s significantly easier to look through than a mockup of a phone interface…

I’m using Slack on desktop and for work - not a fun of makig it look like I’m texting my buddies from my phone.

• SkaveRat
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I just desperately want an opt-out of the auto-mute when being alone in a huddle

• The Quuuuuill@slrpnk.net
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I have my doubts. Making Slack less distracting would be directly antithetical to Slack’s monetary interests. Long term, I’d love to be proven wrong, but I have my suspicions that where this is going is slack wants to gain more users, and then slowly ratchet the noise back up

• thisisdee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

As long as cmd + k still allows me to find DMs and/channels I think it’s not too bad. I feel like I prefer the current design mostly because I don’t need a quick glance of the latest message, just that I have unread message, but I won’t know until I try

• scarabic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I don’t know if this will be any better but I know I can never find shit in Slack.

• underthesign@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I just wish there was a way to get it to handle processing of folder and file paths to your environment. They say it’s a security thing which I get, but my team is constantly sharing links to files and folders and it’s a PITA having to copy and paste the links into Explorer. If there was some way of making it work securely it would be a big productivity boost a d QOL improvement.