In a recent Tsuki’s Odyssey update there have been some new farming additions. Notably, the obsidian hoe, more seeds (depending on how many hoes you have), and 4 Leaf Clovers. I’ve already made a post about an ideal farming layout, but I’ll revise my findings in light of the news. This will take some time, but as a quick addition, I’ve messed with the clovers a bit and found out the following:

Planting a clover increases the ‘Strange Rate’ and decreases the ‘Farm Speed’. Both factors change the average carrots per time. I’ve calculated the efficiency for the amount of clovers placed. below is a table:

(note: the Efficiency is over 100 for 0 Clovers because I’m defining 100 as normal growth time but only regular carrots. Also, the values seem to be different depending on what patch you play, but I’ll update this if I see anything change.)

Clovers  Strange  Speed  Efficiency
0        0.15     100    100.60
1        0.30     99.95  101.15
2        0.39     99.61  101.16
3        0.45     98.70  100.48
4        0.50     96.97   98.91
[...]

As you can see, placing one clover is good, placing two is even better, but anything above drops the efficiency rapidly and is not good! I’ve tried this up to a large number of clovers, and the efficiency drops rapidly. The formula for the Efficiency is the following: ( 1 + strange_rate * 4.0 ) * farm_speed (all values are absolute, not in percent, so the strange_rate for 2 clovers would be 0.0039 for example)

Clovers have an animation when placed in a certain way (in a diagonal), this is signalling that they are breeding I believe. There is a chance to get bigger clovers too, but I haven’t gotten these and don’t know if they have a different influence on the strange rate and farm speed. Again, I’ll update this if i see anything different with the larger clovers.

Hope this helps some of you!

TL;DR: For best efficiency, place exactly 2 Clovers in your farm, less is fine too, more is actively harmful for your yields. Place clovers diagonal for breeding.