• Chingzilla@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Is there an extension for hiding the annoying attempts of reddit web app trying to get you to install their app, then login through Google? Still find myself there when it’s from a Google search.

• Maldreamer141@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

This might not be a proper solution but having old reddit redirect extebsion seems to almost all attempt by reddit to get me to use the app.

• Mythril@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yeah, just an addon to automatically redirect all Reddit links to the old.reddit.com version would already make Firefox addon support on Android super useful for me!

Since Reddit threads are still sometimes the only results when searching for questions to uncommon issues.

• Maldreamer141@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

I use that addon currently on my firefox, its compatible with the android version, but to install it you must create a addon collection with that extension in it and add it to your brwser, detailed instruction are available online. Or you could try Iceraven which is a fork of android firefox, it has this extension in its collection.

The comment by user unverifiedApk down in this thread has instruction on using custom collection if you decide to go down path.

• pwr22
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Possibly some of the non-default lists in ublock origin? Worth having a look!

• Chingzilla@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Huh, I thought it was just doing url based blocking and not hooking into the UI side, will have to take a look. Kinda treat browser plug-ins as a set and forget it thing.

• MonkderZweite@feddit.ch
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Same. But there are list which make excessive use of this feature. I hope gorhill manages to keep the codebase organized despite the featureset.