• AlmightySnoo 🐢🇮🇱🇺🇦@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Yup, the idea here is that Firefox will also support many desktop extensions in addition to the small subset it supports right now (which is already cool since it includes uBlock Origin) and Mozilla is making that a big selling point (that and being a refuge from Google’s WEI).

• PaulTheCarman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

This is great news. I switched completely to Firefox earlier this year. The straw that broke the camel’s back for me was Chrome killing Manifest V2, which would break a lot of adblockers. Now that Mozilla is adding full extension support for mobile? I’m glad I switched.

• GatoB@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I use the desktop version and it works really good but the phone version is soo slow. You have to wait for the UI elements to load each time an UI element appears so something that would take 200ms takes 2 seconds because it takes so long

• GatoB@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yes, it used to work fine but since pages sometimes bugged I updated and it fixed some bugs but added others and slow UI is one of them, can you share a video of you moving between pages UI? I dont know if it is just me but it is anoyingly slow. I love the desktop version and it works perfectly but the phone one have to work with that

• Bappity@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

awesome! I hope they’ll add a search bar to the addons list when this is fully released

• rdeets@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I don’t want to, but I’m thinking about switching to FF since Edge and Chrome have been having freezing issues for the past six months or so.

Native ad blocking via extension would definitely help nudge me over. Especially since I’m considering getting a OnePlus Open and a web browser would be a vital part of the Foldable experience.

• M-Reimer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I already have a few that I developed and use all the time. It’s just difficult to get them set up currently.

For example I’ve developed a small Add-on which makes Android Firefox open PDF directly, just like the desktop browser does.

• laenurd@lemmy.lemist.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

If you mean the embedded pdf viewer: that exists in the android Version as well. I think they added it a few weeks ago.

• M-Reimer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Ah. Didn’t know that. But they really limited functionality. I’ll give this a try to see if that’s all I need. Will continue to support my Add-on otherwise.