On Bottles with the default runner I always had the mouse focus glitch. On Steam Proton Experimental it works great! If you play on BNet, I suggest you switch to Steam.

• ElectroLisa@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Overwatch is one of the easiest games to run on Linux, even before OW2. If I’m not mistaken Devs also had a positive attitude towards Wine/Proton, where they stated they will not be barring Linux players (looking at you, Bungie)

• ayaya@lemdro.id
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Overwatch was one of the first DX11 games running well on WineD3D back around 2016-2017 or so. Maybe it was just because of how popular it was at the time, but I remember it being a big deal that it was working. Before that point wine was really only used for DX9 games and below. This was even before DXVK came along in 2018.

• Chewy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yes they falsely banned Linux players two times in the span of 7 years and reverted both ban waves. It took them a few days to automatically unban me and the support wasn’t helpful, but that’s to be expected in a ban wave.

They’ve actively fixed bugs plagueing their games running on wine for decades iirc.

But some bugs like the mouse bug are really annoying.

• 332@feddit.nu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Runs perfect on newest GE proton in steam. Not having to mess around with lutris anymore is great.

• MrMeatballGuy@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The caffe runner had some versions that didn’t have the mouse focus problem, but it’s nice it works out of the box now.

• Gunpachi@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

When I used to play ow2, after alt tabbing my mouse would not work in the game for the next 15 - 30 minutes.

Is this issue still there ? Or has it been solved already

• Mann Servanté@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

it was a problem for me too previously, but I don’t think it is anymore, I haven’t had it since glorious eggroll updated his wine build a few months back, and I didn’t get it using proton today in Steam.

• Chewy
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I dreamed of Overwatch being on Steam for many years but I really didn’t expect it to happen. Issues with Battle.net made me reinstall constantly.

Now that it’s on Steam I’ll play a bit more until I’m fed up with their monetization that’s close to p2w (overpowered heroes locked behind paid battle pass).

• warmaster@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I play every day, 2 or 4 matches in Quick Play. By mid-season I unlock the new hero. But this season I had so many points from the last one, I got the battle pass for free.

Sure, it’s a bit p2w and grindy. But it’s the least p2w and gribdy of all F2P games I ever played. And there’s so much fluidity to the combat, that only Titanfall used to scratch that itch for me.