• Todd Bonzalez@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    18 days ago

Eh, the only thing that made RPi better than the alternatives was the size of the community and the amount of testing done for their hardware.

RIP.

Looking forward to whatever SBCs the community migrates to in the next year or so.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      18 days ago

The new ones are power hungry expensive monsters anyway. There are cheaper clones out there and I had pretty much decided never to pay for the gucci brand anymore.

• thatsnothowyoudoit@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            17 days ago

Yes indeed.

The last project I did with one was build a moon and tide clock - all written in python with a motor controller, external display and individually addressable led lighting.

They’re also great as diy audio streaming devices for whole home audio.

• Valmond@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              14 days ago

Excellent! The (cheap) i96 pi had all but a video output so I never got it to work…

Cool project, how do you display the tide (upcoming, there, outgoing etc)? Do you have some battery to the clock or how do you set the date/time?

Edit : is it some sort of regular python (3?) or some tiny-python?

Edit2: no ethernet 😭?