Moldy Monday continues.

• Vik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

I feel this (south east england). I’m fortunate enough to have a little space in my garage for a half rack, incline bench, Olympic gear and accessories. I got into the idea of how little equipment (and floorspace) you can get by with for a comprehensive setup, it sort of became a little research project over the pandemic.

In the interim, I stumbled across some excellent body weight exercises that can be performed with minimal equipment (piston/pistol squat, Nordic and reverse Nordic curl, single leg hip thrust, handstand press, etc). I was most surprised to find out how well you could train your legs without additional gear. A set of resistance bands and a pair of small dumbbells can go a very long way

• fossilesque@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        14 days ago

I won’t do it regularly myself because it is boring. That is why I need to pay someone to force me; otherwise, it is another chore I do not enjoy. and am not keeping up with. I would waste far less money seeing a trainer for a bit. I also need to be very careful of old disc injuries in my spine so I am leery to do lifting without a trainer. I have a plan, I am almost done. :)

• Vik@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          14 days ago

That’s understandable. I have a close friend who feels very much the same way. Their approach to fitness is far more functional than mine (rock climber), and he gets a great deal of enjoyment from it.