Use this thread for general daily football discussion.

This thread can also be used to discuss Transfer rumours and to post Tier 4 sources.

• MHPengwingz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 days ago

Euro predictions anyone?

Mine: England out at quarters, Germany makes finals, Belgium makes the semis, Italy gets grouped

• sensiblepuffin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

I think England makes it to the final but Germany wins it all. I think Croatia will shock everyone again by asking the semis.

• sensiblepuffin@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          14 days ago

I wouldn’t be surprised with that. Honestly, the part of my prediction that I’m most confident about is that England falls short once again :)

• ThePowerOfGeek@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

I agree with these, mostly. I think Italy will do better though. They usually show up for the big tournaments, even if they look iffy in qualifiers.

France will be right up there, probably making it into the semis at least.

• ThePowerOfGeek@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    14 days ago

And of course now that we’re linked to Solanke, so is Chelsea. Maybe it’s just idle rumours. But as we’ve seen in the past, they always seem to be trying to steal our transfer targets. They are like an annoying younger kid in school who is always following you around trying to imitate you.

Also, apparently Ivan Toney’s price has been cut from 80+m to 60m, now that he’s in the final year of his contract.