• thefartographer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 days ago

Ugh, I’m in the category of “can’t afford to leave Texas but can’t survive if I stay.”

• TexasDrunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

I’m staying in my sea of blue until I retire or they manage to do something idiotic like actually leave and start a fucking war with the all the military bases here.

I’m selfish, so I’m gonna need you to survive because you’re funny as shit and understand the dumb things I say on here.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        17 days ago

I’m assuming you’re either in Austin or Houston. If you’re in Austin, meet me at my place and we’ll carpool to salvation. If you’re in Houston, I’ll meet you at yours. If we take any interstate other than 10, it’ll only be a lateral move.

• TexasDrunk@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          17 days ago

H-Town, but I wouldn’t mind heading over to Austin. Salvation on 34th? I haven’t been in more than a decade and didn’t even know they were still open. I remember it was delicious, but I stopped having a reason to go to Austin when my brother moved to Corpus so he could surf more often.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            17 days ago

Oh, I meant salvation out of state. I don’t know many places in Austin, but I actively try to avoid that town. I feel like people try too hard there. Love H-Town though!