• Voroxpete@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    15 days ago

I assume your “abhorently evil” comment is based off support of the genocide in Palestine (which is a completely reasonable thing to describe as abhorently evil, I’m just being clear about my premise).

In which case, sorry, bad news, you can’t have that. Your options this time round are genocide supporter or genocide supporter. Somewhere down the line, years from now, the US electoral system may have been sufficiently reformed to make third parties viable. But this year that’s not going to happen.

So that decision is completely out of your hands. But here’s what you do get to decide; you can have an outright fascist, leading a party of outright fascists who have openly publicised their plans to turn your country into a fascist theocracy. Or you can have the guys who strengthened workers rights and went after major companies for union busting, hit Microsoft for $20 billion in back taxes, had the FBI raid a major landlord for illegal price hikes, brought antitrust lawsuits against Amazon and several other large tech firms, and secured billions in aid for Ukraine in their fight for their freedom. And that is literally just a tiny sampling of the good things that Biden’s government has done.

I don’t even see how that’s a choice. One of these two options is clearly and manifestly better than the other, no matter how disgusting it feels. A vote for Biden is not an endorsement of his position on Gaza. It is a tactical choice, nothing more. And if nothing else, its a tactical choice that will prevent the fascists from filling even more seats on the supreme court.

It sucks, but those are the only options. Sometimes life just be like that.

• orcrist@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      15 days ago

Your argument is made every four years. The someday you talk about never seems to arrive. Which means the reasoning is missing something important.

• Ibuthyr
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      15 days ago

This guy gets it. I don’t see how this is so difficult to understand. Not voting is essentially skewing the vote towards the diaper-wearing Nazi-Clown you once already had for a president. Vote for the least evil party, it’s all you can do.

• Crikeste@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      15 days ago

I think the choice is really: Does America deserve the lesser evil?

• III@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      15 days ago

But what if I am a bad faith actor that only pushes the “no moral choice” position because I want to ensure that the fascists take power? Better yet, what if my Russian paycheck demands it. Then what do I do?

• go_go_gadget@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        15 days ago

Are you forgetting about all the registered Democrats who voted uncommitted in the 2024 primaries? Not everybody who hates Biden is a Russian troll bud.