I used to wear watches on my right wrist but had to change to the left as using a mouse all day is awful with a decent watch on. Guess it’ll take a while to get used to it.

Edit: I just noticed that by complete chance I took the image when the seconds were at 0. I did not plan that.

• WFH@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Seiko in general has gone up in price a lot in recent years. The cheap and cheerful Seiko 5 were killed and resurrected as a mid-range sub-brand, and mid-range (like Presage etc) are now pushed twice the price they were a few years ago. There are no entry-level mechanical Seikos anymore.

Orient seems to be the last true Japanese manufacturer that still offers sub-$150 mechanical watches.

• dependencyinjectionOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

Thanks for mentioning Orient. Never heard of them but they have some beautiful watches.

• WFH@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

You’re welcome :) I love Orient and own a couple, and they also have some stunning pieces in their mid-to-high end Orient Star range.

• Copernican@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

I bought my Seiko snk803 on Amazon for like 66 bucks 10 years ago. Why is this watch now showing up as a 200 dollar watch? Why did the prices go up so much?