<episode recap>

Last time, on bilibili

• the entire holoCN branch was disbanded
  • Coco graduation (though in fairness, it seems like that probably would’ve happened at some point anyway)
  • sustained harassment of some members (e.g., Fubuki)
  • sorrow
  • sorrow
  • sorrow
  • sorrow

</episode recap>

So basically it was a jolly old time. It seems fair to be wary of putting on the wax wings again, knowing that they melted last time.

I think this is the VoD of Kobo’s stream but I can barely almost slightly read JP let alone CN: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Hy41187ta/

• Hal-5700X@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    13 days ago

Good luck, Cover. It was a shit show the first time around.

(though in fairness, it seems like that probably would’ve happened at some point anyway)

If you say so.

• MHLoppy@fedia.ioOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

She seemed happy (sans drama of course), but there were still some differences between what she wanted to do and what she could do despite her pushing the boundaries a lot. Based on how everything’s played out it seems almost inevitable to me personally that after a few years she’d move on – under much better circumstances – to explore things she could never do with Hololive.

Of course any opinion any of us have is just speculation and guessing. Maybe she would’ve stayed on indefinitely - nobody knows for sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Essence_of_Meh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

I’m not going to trudge through days of content to confirm because it’s not that important but I’m pretty sure she did talk about planning to graduate even before the CN fiasco happened (as in, plans came before, I think she talked about it after leaving Holo).

As for Kobo… I’m in two minds about this. On one hand, it’s fair to be worried considering what happened. On the other, Kobo feels a bit more “detached” from the core Holo fan base and had some Chinese content already if I recall correctly (stuff like song lyrics etc), so this might work out for her. Maybe?

I’m sure Cover wouldn’t go for it without some serious risk/reward balancing and I hope they prepared contingency plans in case things go south. All we can do for now is wait and hope for the best.