• Fontasia@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

You know, of all the things of this post, it’s the Roku remote that really confuses me. Was he holding it when he answered the door? Was it in his pocket and he took it out when was looking for phone to make the Tweet?

• Kazumara
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 days ago

I think those are two entirely different days, and the second day the friendly neighborhood FBI field office agents brought the printout of the first day with them to confront CoreyPilat over his vague threat towards federal officers.

So the remote being on his kitchen countertop is just random coincidence and does not figure into the continuity between the two posts.

• Passerby6497@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

There might be a TV just out of frame on the left. I’ve known so many people who have a TV of some kind in the kitchen/prep area.

• KillingTimeItself@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 days ago

this is pretty regular. It happens a lot with people who order large amounts of “suspicious chemicals” Styropyro got a visit from, i believe the ATF, might be wrong it’s been a minute since i’ve watched that video, for procuring chemicals that can be used for nefarious purposes in mass quantities.

Similar things have happened with farmers, (fertilizer can often be used in improvised bombs) You will almost certainly see something similar if you directly threaten the government, though it’s usually "hey uh, don’t do this, this is bad, also we’re going to make sure you aren’t a terrorist real quick.

• KillingTimeItself@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 days ago

well i mean diesel isn’t that weird. Anyone running a construction business also has a lot of stored diesel fuel.

You’d be more concerned if someone had lots of gasoline, but even then that’s not a massive concern.

It’s not usual in the normal populous i suppose, but then again, there are a lot of things that aren’t so.