• LANIK2000@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 days ago

Oh my fellow European, affordable delivery just ain’t a thing in America, always shocked me just how expensive daily life there is. But even then you’re absolutely right, 99% of everything Americans “haul” would easily fit inside a regular family car or even a smaller car like a Renault Clio. And for the 1%, why not just borrow/get a small trailer or rent a small van?

Also just a side note, I was shocked when I visited my American buddies and legit NOTHING fit inside those huge ass vehicle. We bought like 8 bags of groceries for a week trip and 2 of those bags were on my lap IN THE FRONT SEAT!!! I mean you’re not putting anything in the trunk, shit’ll break, and the back seats have barely any space, it’s ridiculous.

• bitchkat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

I can assure anyone who is wondering that a 60" tv fits in a 2007 Mazda 3. Sure I had to take it out of the box but it fit in the back with the seats folded down.

• Semi-Hemi-Lemmygod@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        14 days ago

I once hauled about 200 paving stones in a Mazda Protege. I spread them out on the floor and in the trunk so it wouldn’t hurt anything for the three mile drive I made back form the home improvement store

• biddy@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          13 days ago

So I have a theory that the carrying capacity of a car has nothing to do with the size of the car and everything to do with how much the owner cares about the car and the comfort tolerance of the passengers. Out of all the loads I’ve observed carried with a car(pickups count as cars but not vans or trailers) the biggest are always in a small beat-up old car full of tolerant and poor young people. I can’t think of a time when I’ve tried loading a car and stopped because the car is too small, it’s always because the owner objects.