• Blue_Morpho@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        12 days ago

It really is fine. Chrono Trigger plays great loading off an SD on my Miyoo Mini Plus.

OnionOS has completey changed my gaming expectations.

• DosDude👾@retrolemmy.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          12 days ago

Obvious bait is obvious. But sbc gaming is really awesome, just not the subject in this context.

If it runs fine on an SD card, it also runs fine on a HDD. You don’t need to compare it to an SSD.

• Evil_Shrubbery@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 days ago

Onion (and Garlic) is so good, almost everything just works & if you want to fiddle with settings there are so many.

Also it never crashed on me.

• Blue_Morpho@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            12 days ago

What makes Onion so revolutionary is the quick boot directly into the game where you left off. Then when you stop playing, it automatically autosaves and turns completely off- not sleep like Android, but completely off so the battery is never dead.

• Evil_Shrubbery@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              12 days ago

Exactly, I don’t want an android console, or e-reader (not even a phone actually, but let’s wait for Linux).

If not for such conveniences, I wouldn’t play as much.

I also use the quick insta-switch to the previous game played. And I like that basically any game even played just automatically remains suspended for you to continue at any time (no need for manually saving states, tho you can set shortcuts for that too ofc).