• Sonemonkey@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve noticed that Lemmy is getting more and more usable as more users join and add more content.

• cerevant@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

A related contributing factor: as instances gain users, more federated content is showing up in all, so new users don’t have to jump through hoops to find it.

• danc4498@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Um, I am desperate for them to fix their main page algorithm. I browse Lemmy cause fuck Reddit, but the main page is mostly useless.

• Pennomi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Would anyone find it helpful if I wrote a simple bot that pulls Reddit RSS and pops a little bit of top content for various subreddits into community posts here? I can’t tell if that would be useful or spammy.

I mean, the poor Webcomics community has exactly one post, while there’s a deluge of good content out there waiting to be linked to.

• Darorad@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m not sure, if most of the posts are just links to reddit, it could push people away. If it’s just like the actual image it could work. It’d probably be better to just do it manually for communities you’re personally interested in.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Respectfuly, please don’t. One of the reasons I started going on reddit a decade ago and one of the reasons I come here is to find content that other people, with either similar or distinct tastes, find interesting, and talk about it. To automate or defer to a machine, however technically interesting it might be for the creator, defeats the purpose of a social network. I abandoned many subs on reddit and have abandoned Facebook and Instagram because they are no longer human. Advertisers and a machine decide what you see. Barely tolerate YouTube but they’re honest and it has never been about following people and more like browsing TV channels.

I think my point is, if I wanted an RSS feed, I would setup an RSS feed.