Shitty movies and shitty music needs to be seeded more than good music and movies.

set the ratio limit to like…10 or higher.

• Fell
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

That’s what I do. I seed for as long as it remains on disk.

• rand_alpha19@moist.catsweat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 days ago

What’s a ratio limit? /s

I’m currently seeding all of the Evil Bong movies, and I resurrected one of the torrents from the grave by finding a DDL of the release - feels good man.

• EmperorHenryOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 days ago

Bad movies that are just activism instead of a good story, that’s what I call “shitty movies”

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

LOL it always the hot garbage that I’m shocked I managed to find that I try to seed as long as possible almost as an apology for making someone else have to host it to give it to me.

But I will say sometimes it’s just a bad quality and it’s hard to figure out if it’s worth keeping it around because it’s the only version available or letting it die.

• EmperorHenryOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

But I will say sometimes it’s just a bad quality and it’s hard to figure out if it’s worth keeping it around because it’s the only version available or letting it die.

Bad movies need to be pirated, good movies need to be paid for. Unless you can’t get any physical media, in which case, pirate away.

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

I meant like 480p with an encoding error that makes it not able to be fast forwarded without crashing.

It that being the only way to watch it without hunting down a VHS kinda thing

• BillionsMustSeed@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

Yeah, most good/popular stuff has a ton of seeders already, and often many different releases as well. I also have no ratio limits on underappreciated stuff, while setting 10 ratio on some popular stuff with thousands of seeds

• pelletbucket@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

I just leave everything seeding until my hard drive starts to complain, then I clear out anything that has plenty of other seedsrs.