Hey guys,

I am looking for a new email provider as I am still using gmail and like to get that removed finally. I am currently looking at Tuta and proton. I would be using it mainly for email and the Calendar. most other things I am self hosting but email in particular is not something I like to self host.

Proton being hosted in Switzerland and Tuta being hosted from Germany I think Proton has a edge over Tuta in that regard although I am not very familiar with both country’s privacy laws.

Also how do they compare to each other regarding flexibility in creating email filters and folders. I believe proton hat some restrictions on the amount of email filters if i am not mistaken.

And lastly can you get calendar invites with these email providers? If I like the email provider i might move the business email to one of the providers as well but seeing we get like calendar invites which works fine with outlook. I dont know if this works with the email clients of proton or Tuta.

Also if their is a better email provider i am open to suggestions.

EDIT: Thanks guys! Got many great answers. i think I will get my own domain and try them out both for a while.

• Sam@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 days ago

I’ve been using Proton Mail and GrapheneOS for some time now. Early in I found an app called You Have Mail that solved the pushnotifications problem for me. I’ve never used Tutanota, so I can’t speak for it at all, but I really like Proton.