• bean@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 days ago

Tone-deaf bosses be like, “actually we have a return to office mandate… We’re gonna need a note from your doctor.”

• butwhyishischinabook@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

“I don’t understand why turnover is so high. Ever since COVID people just don’t have any work ethic. The lockdowns really destroyed our economy in irreparable ways. Wait no, don’t quit.”

• PlantJam@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 days ago

The “people don’t want to work anymore” rallying cry has always confused me. Who ever wanted to work in the first place?

• Got_Bent@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 days ago

That’s always been my response when manager and owner use that whole “nobody wants to work anymore,” thing because they can’t get people to take offers for six bucks a year.

Every single time I hear that, I say out loud, “Well I certainly don’t want to work. Who in their right mind does? That’s why we get paid to do it.”

• ZC3rr0r@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 days ago

High pay means nothing when the cost of living is even higher. Making 20 bucks an hour sounds great until you have to pay 3000 bucks in rent each month.

• timmymac@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 days ago

Nok, kids these days are just lazy. My first job was BK. It was fine. Not horrible at all.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  9 days ago

Good for them. I’ve done it as well, and it was fucking horrible.

Did you speak with the best people? All the best people told you that? All of the “many, many” people. Hundreds of them!