• yamanii@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 days ago

You are really making a mountain of a mole hill, to get my save from Outer Worlds gamepass to use on steam’s version was as easy as just copy pasting the files in another folder

• Rekorse@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

They absolutely are not and you are lucky you were able to get your save game out. The majority of games have their config and save files encrypted and are completely unusable as far as any other platform goes.

There are some exceptions, mainly games that have official mod support tend to have areas you can access but the majority of others won’t.

• yamanii@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

I really don’t know what to say, I did this both with Outer Worlds and Code Vein. Just went to PCgamingwiki’s entries of the 2 games, saw where the save folders are, and dropped each from the microsoft one to the steam one.

• Rekorse@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 days ago

Well you aren’t going to be able to pick out a trend with only testing two games. Its enough of a problem that I would double check where the save is before starting a game on gamepass.

The last game I tried to move and failed was snowrunner I believe.

• Rayspekt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 days ago

Well it might depend on specific games, but for like a dragon it did not work out in the end.