So awkward, but come on it says right there on the package to wash those mushrooms or whatever it is… You’re not their mom but you don’t wanna eat feces or whatever ended up on the produce. A quick rinse is never going to be perfect but it’s better than nothing.

In the absence of legitimate suggestions, commiseration is welcome too 😉

• BigMikeInAustin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 days ago

There are sides dudes so manly that when they go to the bathroom they thoroughly wash their hands before doing their business, but not afterwards.

Now you know why the cold and the flu and now COVID will never go away.

• brbposting@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

thoroughly wash their hands before doing their business

That would be a first for me to see. Well maybe I’ve seen it at a place that serves hot wings…

• Starb3an@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 days ago

I work with my hands so if my hands are covered in grease or dirt or whatever I wash my hands before taking a piss. I do wash my hands after as well.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 days ago

Oops, you didn’t even finish reading my first comment and just started replying. So your answer actually doesn’t apply.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 days ago

You full well know we’re talking about the average guy in just your everyday average bathroom usage.

We’re not talking about edge cases.

There are some edge cases where you would never wash your hands - because you don’t have any, or wearing a pee bag (whatever they are called)…

There are some edge cases where you should just pee in your clothes - when you’re floating in the middle of the ocean all alone…

There are some edge cases where you always make someone else handle your business - when you’re in a coma…

There are some edge cases where you should hold your pee - someone has an example…

What other edge cases do you want to think up to prove absolutely nothing?