• MagicShel@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 days ago

I’ve been trying to explain to my less enlightened family for years that requiring a trans man to use the women’s bathroom only makes it easier for men to just walk in since having a beard and a dad bod no longer means you have to use the men’s room.

These laws just don’t make any sense and can only make whatever they are afraid of (men hearing their wives and daughters tinkle, apparently) worse.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

That’s what has always stumped me. They do realize that trans men look like… men. Right? Like, they want some dude to just stroll into the women’s bathroom? Like, legally want that dude to be forced to stroll into that women’s bathroom?!?

The dude doesn’t want to be in there. Women don’t want the dude to be in there. Why do these politicians want the dude to be in there?!

• interrobang@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

and the trans person gets assaulted in the bathroom they are ‘supposed’ to use! Its just an excuse to banish us from public, there is no right answer.

• aStonedSanta@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          6 days ago

Exactly. It’s like telling black people to use their water fountain. But there isn’t a fucking water fountain for them.

Regression of society sucks to watch in real time.

Edit: hope this isn’t an offensive correlation. 💀