• Blastboom Strice@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 days ago

Very unrelated, but I noticed you have a downvote, visible. Is this possible on this instance? Has something changed or is it a bug? Other posts/comments dont seem to have downvotes, but here I can see that the post and some comments have a single downvote. Do you have any clue? I think only your comments and the post have a downvote, could it be the person you talked to somehow managed to get their downvotes to show?

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

Downvotes being visible is possible throughout lemmy because the voting is federated and therefore public. Whether downvotes show depends on whatever frontend you’re using, so your mobile app or your instance’s web view. There has recently been an update that changed how votes are displayed, so it’s possible your instance has updated to that.

• blindbunny@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

Sorry I don’t I’m barely techy I didnt even know there was a way to block down votes.

• Blastboom Strice@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

Oh its oke (the instance decides if the downvotes are visible and since this post is on an instance that doesnt show downvotes separately I found it weird that I saw a visible single downvote both on the post and your comments.