• RadicalEagle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I think understand where you’re coming from, but this type of poem is exactly what needs to be spread in order to make “Christians” feel some cognitive dissonance about their hypocrisy.

I may be misinterpreting you, but it sounds like you’re trying to justify your hatred for a group of people because you believe in a “greater good”; some sort of better world that would exist if religion disappeared. That’s exactly the sort of mindset that christians and many others have used to justify their cruelty.

• chemical_cutthroat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

I don’t believe in a “greater good”, I believe that we are all responsible for being the best person that we can be. I think religion is a waste of time, yes. I think the world would be better off without, yes. However, if your religion is harmless, then I don’t care what you do. I only care when your religion is actively harming the world. You can’t be part of a hate group but claim to be part of a love group.

• Sidhean@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

Was this written by a known homophobe or “priest” or something? You’re calling out hypocracy, but all I see is a poem stating “Christians shouldn’t hate the Gays.” I didn’t get “The church is accepting of everyone” out of it at all.