• Packet [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

That’s why I said that it was from memory, because I am wrong on some parts but am right on relation to rich kids. Read the other comment replying to me

• Erika3sis [she/her, xe/xem]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          7 days ago

“This is just from memory…” or “I might be wrong about this, but…” feels equivalent to putting “no copyright intended” or “all rights belong to respective owners” in the description of a YouTube video. And just like the honest form of “no copyright intended” is “piracy is inherently moral”, the honest form of “AFAIK, IIRC” is “I did not bother looking up anything I’m claiming”.

People should hold themselves to a high standard, and phrase things with actual commitment and responsibility. Who or what exactly benefits from the usage of weasel words and hedges? And compared to what detriment?

• alcoholicorn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 days ago

It’s funded by Aileen Getty, whose dad owned Getty Oil (which was bought by Pennzoil who was bought by Shell).

I don’t believe she’s doing a psyop, just a lib doing what libs do.

• blobjim [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

right, but she’s not an oil exec. I doubt she’s on the board of or holds any position at anything related to an oil company lmao.