• Sam_Bass@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 days ago

Not to be agist, but bernie is rapidly approaching his UBD. Closest we have to him in a viable position is AOC

• lennybird@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 days ago

Hey, nothing wrong with being agist in this situation, let’s be honest. Nobody - not Biden, not Bernie, not Trump - will be as cognitively-sharp when they are 80 as they were when they were 50, 40, 30. We wouldn’t want an 80-year-old lifeguard or firefighter, right?

And until an 18-year-old can be president, we’re already agist in one direction.

That we think putting geriatrics in the White House to run one of the most stressful jobs that is on-call 24/7 is a good idea… I mean it’s absurd. Just look how much Obama aged in 8 years. Forget the fact that the general risk of all-cause mortality is far greater, that’s just another risk-factor for running the country.

So yeah unfortunately I agree… Bernie’s opportunity was missed. When AOC runs one day, I will campaign as hard as possible for her victory.

• fmstrat@lemmy.nowsci.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 days ago

I would happily see an elderly Bernie in office. Why? Because he would fill the system with younger, capable individuals, and trust their opinions. He would leave the system a better place.

• WldFyre@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

That’s actually the main reason I didn’t want Bernie as president. His campaign staff were terrible for both of his runs.

• justaderp@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 days ago

She’s a Democrat. If she doesn’t fall in line she doesn’t keep her job. You’ve been conned.