• Squirrelanna@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

My wife and our pupper and I just moved back in with my mom yesterday. Sister’s cats are here too. Skye REALLY wants to be friends with them but they’re scared of the big fluffy golden cloud 😭 But she’s at least happy to have special gramma scritches back on tap, and her favorite cheese dealer.

• Vanth@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 days ago

I went running on a new route today which took me past a teen huskie behind a chain link fence. She was so excited as I ran closer and soooooo indignant when I kept running and didn’t play with her. Her huskie yowls were adorbs. I’m going to make it a semi-regular route so I can hopefully meet the owners someday and ask permission to pet their dog.

Edit on Monday: she was not outside when I ran past today. Now I am a little indignant.

• stelelor@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

She was sad that visiting family left, then happy to lick our dinner plates, then stressed out by thunder and lightning. She climbed on the couch and curled up tight next to me and actually calmed down! Usually she’s a scared panting mess for hours.

• i_ben_fine@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Our dog was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so we’re sad. His meds are definitely helping, and he’s still excited whenever the plumbers visit.

• bitchkat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Mine has shit 5 times today before 3pm. It’s about as firm as chocolate frosty that’s been sitting out for awhile but at least there is no blood.

• bitchkat@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

No, she gets hemorraghic gastric enteritis. We know she has a malabsorption issue and she’s on B12 supplements to see if they help. She doesn’t have atypical Addison’s so we’re working on diet to manage inflammation. She’s a new rescue that spent her 6 years as breeding stock in a puppy mill. So didn’t exactly have good diet or care.

• SOB_Van_Owen@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

Has been broiling here in Appalachia this last week. Brought the dogs in even when they wished to be out. Chickens seem ok. They’re under the shade of trees. Some digging out holes in their run to keep cool.

Last week our old girl got snakebit. We’d just spotted a copperhead the week prior -the first venomous snake we’d ever seen anywhere near our place. Relieved she bounced back quickly. Swelling down after a day. Glad to have had some leftover antibiotic that kept the nasty wound at the bite from getting worse.

• agentshags@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

My cat pooped right outside her exclusive litterbox I just cleaned yesterday, and is acting like everything is fine. 😾