• iAvicenna@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 days ago

I am not denying the positive use cases being employed now and possibly being employed in the future. I am not opposing the use/development of AI tools now and in in future too.

However the huge negative possibilities are very real too and is/will be effecting humanity. I am against the course big AI companies seem to be taking and against the possible future allocation of most of major tech innovations to their cause.

It is of course very hard to predict how the positives and negatives will balance out but I think big tech companies don’t have any interest in balancing this out. They seem to be very short sighted for anything other than direct profits. I think they will take the easiest way to more profit/AI dominance which is a short term investment. So I am not very optimistic on how it will pan out. Maybe I am wrong and like computers it will open up a whole new world of possibilities. But the landscape then and landscape now is also quite different in terms of how big tech companies and richest people act.