• Microsoft removes guide on converting Microsoft accounts to Local, pushing for Microsoft sign-ins.
  • Instructions once available, now missing - likely due to company’s preference for Microsoft accounts.
  • People may resist switching to Microsoft accounts for privacy reasons, despite company’s stance.
  • mark3748@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

What’s even crazier is that corporate customers don’t actually deal with this in any way! There’s no Microsoft account required on an Active Directory controlled PC.

Source: I am big corporate IT. Oh, and my personal AD deployment, outside of work

• Snot Flickerman@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 days ago

How are you accomplishing this? Provisioning the PCs to be part of the domain with a Powershell install script during automated setup? Because I was under the impression that this also had become a difficult task with 11. Because a Windows 11 machine doesn’t know it’s going to be part of the domain until it has been added to the domain. So, the only way I can see that working is like Powershell combined with WDS or something.

Source: Am small IT

EDIT: Also, the LTSC version of Windows 11 isn’t coming until later in 2024. So I’m very curious how this works with 11 specifically.

• mark3748@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

Windows 11 Enterprise likely uses a different OOBE, I just tell it to join during setup. At work, everything is image-based and pre-configured so no standard OOBE.

Like most things at MS, those with the resources get everything they want while the little guy gets screwed.

• Appoxo@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

During setup press Shift + F10, type OOBE\bypassnro, press enter and have fun creating local accounts.

• Sidyctism2
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 days ago

That has been err “fixed” some time ago. You cant open the command window during setup anymore

• Sidyctism2
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 days ago

I tried it a couple months ago on a laptop, didnt work. But it also already came with a W11 install, maybe thats why

• Appoxo@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                2 days ago

Tried it just yesterday with the multi edition iso directly downloaded from the ms web page.
                But as I am in Germany and my region is the EU/in Germany we get a different treatment.

Or it’s just the OS the OEM delivers that is BS :p

• Sidyctism2
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 days ago

Im from germany too, so i would guess its the latter

• Jyek@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

Windows 11 pro OOBE > get device online either via WiFi or wired network or bypass via commands > set up for school or work > sign in options > Domain Join. This asks you for local account name and password for a local administrator account and then drops you on the login screen.

• vodka@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 days ago

LTSC 24H2 released sometime at the end of May? I installed it just recently in a VM…