Note I did not buy any food for myself.

To head off questions:

1. No, I couldn’t cook for her. I’m suffering from a long-term illness where I can’t eat solid foods and am extremely smell sensitive. My wife is at a funeral, so I had to order food.

2. She’s extremely picky and refused to let me order anything but pizza.

3. We live outside of town, in a not very big town, with very few pizza delivery options, and they’re all at least this expensive.

4. No, I didn’t also have to buy her the cheesy bread or the second topping or the sauces, but it’s nice to get my daughter a treat and that is no excuse for the order being that expensive.

5. We’re in Indiana, so this should be ludicrous in terms of pricing. This used to be the pricing I would expect when we lived in L.A. and ordered from a good local place rather than a chain.

Edit: Turns out what I should have been infuriated about is people repeatedly telling me to get takeout and having to repeatedly explain why that wasn’t an option, having people not believe I’m sick, and being repeatedly berated for not magically knowing food coupons exist on the internet when I never order food on the internet. Oh right, and also being a bad parent for not forcing food my daughter doesn’t like down her throat or starving her if she won’t eat it.

By the way, I have another thing to be infuriated about. A huge storm came in and this happened to our trees. I assume I will start being berated for not cutting them down before that happened, but because I have no power or internet at home and have to go to the library to post, your further posts telling me what an idiot I am and how I’m an awful parent and how I’m not really sick will take me a while to read. Sorry to ruin your day. Maybe you’ll find someone else to treat like shit.

Anyway, have fun telling me I’m the worst person on Lemmy, just don’t expect a quick reply.

Oh, and do tell me how stupid I am for not knowing that people who clear up and fix such damage have coupons on their website.

• Rekorse@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

Just another company thats created two price levels:

1. Pay full price and dont use the app
    2. Use the app and always ALWAYS get a discount, but we will partner with amazon and google to gather and sell your data to make up the costs of the discounts.

I know 2 is preferable to some but I’m against it purely because of how deceptive it is, so I’m stuck with option 1.

I dont think thats what happened to the OP here, but just wanted to add why the cheaper option isnt always better.

• Glytch@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Or just use the website that has the exact same deals. You may have to click the mouse two more times and I know that can be difficult for people sometimes when they just want to be mad.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

8ts not about being mad its about where you spend your money. I don’t give businesses my money if they participate in deceptive practices. Its possible dominoes doesn’t sell data though so you maybe got me there.

• Glytch@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 days ago

Businesses will sell whatever information you give them permission to sell. Don’t use your main email for rewards accounts or free trials if you’re concerned about having it sold to spammers.

• RippleEffect@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

If you call or go in, always ask if they can see if they can get the best price for you and say you saw a good deal somewhere but couldn’t remember exactly what it was.

Domino’s hates selling smalls so they’re typically the most expensive. They sell significantly more medium and large than small.

• negativeyoda@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

Domino’s hates selling smalls

Yet that’s the only size they sell their gluten free pies in. I rarely buy from there (my kid considers it a treat) but I hate paying $15 for plain 10" gf pizza that’s mid at best

• Zoot@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

They have a coupon now for gluten crusts. Make sure to ask if you call in, otherwise it should already be on the app. Could be a local coupon, but im pretty sure I saw it in national coupons.

• RippleEffect@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

They sell so few so they only do smalls to limit the waste. Gluten free is an exception.

I definitely agree the gluten free pizzas are not great.

• boatsnhos931@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

Mmmm I trade my data for a p’zone and five cheese bread sticks anyday of the week. I always tell telemarketers to save my number and call anytime… They never call back 😔

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 days ago

Maybe cost is a better word. Although there are risks to allowing companies to use your data, especially since right now they are selling the data to companies that are trying to make money off of you, like say car insurance.

I will say thats more an argument for blocking out all types of tracking possible, rather than saying a single one is bad on its own. One place selling your data isnt actually that bad, its when those single nodes are so numerous that you can actually map out what someone does if you chain them together.

Its up to you if you are okay with that in your life though.