• Bilbo_Haggins@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Most useful off-road vehicle I’ve ever driven was a lot like this thing: https://www.offroaderie.com/new-models/kawasaki-side-x-side-mule-sx-2036834140399698232475668

Or just a regular sized pickup truck, which I’ve also used for plenty of sites. But honestly I prefer the mules because they hold all the stuff I need for work and can fit through most forest understory. And in the rare chance that you happen to turtle them it’s possible to pull them off/out of whatever they’re stuck on. If you get a giant truck stuck in the mud you’re donezo.

I also took my Toyota Prius to plenty of sites, although I’d never off-road with it when the ground is swampy or sandy it did fine on plenty of rough roads and open fields. I’m sure a Subaru or other small all wheel drive sedan could handle lots of off-road work sites.

• Rediphile@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

Thank you! Makes sense. I think I was sort of misreading your statement initially. And I guess I never really thought about the 350s and aboves useful applications (or lack thereof lol).

I’ll add my Honda Element did surprisingly well for many 1000s of km of rough logging roads once upon a time.